The role of the Director of Outside Plant (OSP) Construction involves overseeing all aspects of OSP Construction and design for Residential and Small Business customers. The Director will be accountable for ensuring the timely and cost-effective delivery of high-quality OSP FTTx GPON infrastructure, including providing input on the selection of OSP products, strategic partners, and materials. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for managing both the Capex and Opex budgets and ensuring the production schedule aligns with company objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and leadership to the OSP Construction team, overseeing a team of both internal and external construction professionals.
- Establishes goals and objectives to drive process improvement and consistency, cost-effective network designs, and thought-provoking leadership throughout the organization to ensure compliance with FastBridge Fiber policies and achieve cost-effective results.
- Serves as the primary point of escalation for OSP issues, driving resolutions by utilizing influence, direction, and decision-making skills to ensure timely responses and optimal performance.
- Reviews planning designs for new services, corporate initiatives, relocations, and challenging situations to ensure the use of best design practices to develop the most efficient and cost-effective OSP solutions.
- Ensures that contracted resources perform as specified, adhering to schedule and budget while providing quality construction that meets FastBridge/Industry standards and project requirements.
- Reviews OSP invoices to ensure accountability, appropriateness of charges, compliance with schedule of authority, and verification of expenditures against estimated job costs.
- Provides direction, advice, and mentorship to the management team and staff on various issues and assists in removing impediments to ensure positive outcomes.
- Reviews, forecasts, and manages capital and operational expenditures to meet targets and goals.
- Effectively manages each project to maintain high levels of quality and safety.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Possess a wealth of Outside Plant Construction/technical experience, with particular expertise in FTTx and fiber networks.
- Serve as a visionary leader who inspires organizational excellence, emphasizing the importance of strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess exceptional communication skills, capable of effectively conveying information to senior-level management within the company and providing timely and impactful communication and reporting.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of relevant telecom permitting and standards.
- Display superior leadership skills that enable coaching, management, development, and guidance of a team, fostering a culture of high performance.
Please note the required qualifications are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate will hold a college degree, preferably in a related field, and have a minimum of 10 years of professional-level experience. Additionally, the candidate should have 6-8 years of supervisory experience or a commensurate combination of education and professional-level construction experience.