This position is responsible for the installation and repair of FTTx. This may include, but not be limited to, the installation and maintenance of data equipment and/or service at the customer premises and providing revenue-enhancing offers to the customer such as speed upgrades.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform assigned fiber internet installations in accordance with established codes, procedures, and industry standards
- Inside wiring and fiber jumper installation within the HUB and customer sites
- Optical Network Terminal (ONT) activation
- Perform basic splicing and basic fiber maintenance
- Utilizes various test equipment to analyze equipment trouble and takes appropriate maintenance action. Document actions performed, quality measures/readings, resolutions, etc.
- Customer education of streaming services using Amazon firestick, Roku, or equivalent
- Interprets schematic work order drawings to determine job specifications and installation needs. Orders and/or obtains required equipment. Effects problem solving where appropriate
- Complete and adhere to all necessary safety training, standards, and regulations.=
- Ensure vehicle has the proper equipment to complete assigned work (CPE, installation materials, tools, and test equipment)
- Focus on meeting or exceeding individual and team objectives and key customer success metrics (install completion, CSAT, Meantime to Resolution, etc.)
- Interact with the customer to educate and negotiate the placement of equipment; ensures the customer is satisfied with the work performed. Responds to inquiries and provides follow-up
- Perform other duties as requested
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Knowledge of telecommunications, data, AV, network infrastructure cabling, and components required
- High mechanical aptitude – use of hand tools and test equipment
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Positive and customer-focused attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Solid work ethic. Capable of working self-directed
- Strong technical aptitude including the ability to quickly learn applications, systems, policies, and procedures
- Strong computer skills are a must
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of GPON and related terminals and equipment
Please note the required qualifications are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics or the equivalent in work experience desired