Acceptable Use Policy
Last Modified: November 4, 2022
FastBridge Fiber, LLC or its affiliates (the “Company,” “we,” or “us”) provides access to its services that provide (or include) access to the Internet, including hosting services (software applications and hardware), or are provided over the Internet or wireless data networks (collectively “IP Services”).
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “AUP”) governs your access to and use of the IP Services. Company reserves the right to amend, alter, or modify your conduct requirements as set forth in this AUP at any time. By clicking to accept or agree to the AUP, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by this AUP. If you do not want to agree to this AUP, you must not access or use the IP Services.
You may use the IP Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this AUP. You agree not to use the IP Services:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm, minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which violates the rights of any individual or entity established in any jurisdiction.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the IP Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the IP Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the IP Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the IP Services or interfere with any other party’s use of the IP Services, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through the IP Services.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the IP Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any IP Services traffic or resources available on the IP Services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any IP Services traffic or resources available on the IP Services or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the IP Services.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other software or material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the IP Services or any server, computer, database, or other resource or element connected to the IP Services.
- Violate, attempt to violate, or knowingly facilitate the violation of the security or integrity of the IP Services.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the IP Services.
IP Services may not be used to interfere with, gain unauthorized access to, or otherwise violate the security of the Company’s (or another party’s) server, network, network access, personal computer or control devices, software or data, or other system, or to attempt to do any of the foregoing.
You agree not to use the IP Services to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which:
- Contains any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promotes sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Violates the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contains any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations.
- Is likely to deceive any person.
- Promotes any illegal activity, or advocates, promotes, or assists any unlawful act.
- Causes annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or is likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonates any person, or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involves commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Gives the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Customers of the Company remain solely and fully responsible for the content of any material posted, hosted, downloaded/uploaded, created, accessed or transmitted using the IP Services. Company has no responsibility for any material created on the Company’s network or accessible using IP Services, including content provided on third-party websites linked to the Company network. Such third-party website links are provided as Internet navigation tools for informational purposes only, and do not constitute in any way an endorsement by Company of the content(s) of such sites.
Customers are responsible for taking prompt corrective action(s) to remedy a violation of AUP and to help prevent similar future violations.
Monitoring and Enforcement
Company, in its sole discretion, will determine whether your conduct is in compliance with this AUP. We have the right to:
- Monitor your use of the IP Services for any purpose in our sole discretion and as we see fit.
- Take any action we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion if we believe a user’s conduct violates this AUP, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the IP Services or the public, or could create liability for the Company.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the IP Services.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the IP Services for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of this AUP.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone who accesses or uses the IP Services.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Company reserves the right, however, to act immediately and without notice to suspend or terminate affected IP Services in response to a court order or government notice that certain conduct must be stopped or when Company reasonably determines, that the conduct may: (1) expose Company to sanctions, prosecution, civil action or any other liability, (2) cause harm to or interfere with the integrity or normal operations of Company’s network or networks with which Company is interconnected, (3) interfere with another customer’s use of IP Services or the Internet (4) violate any applicable law, rule or regulation, or (5) otherwise present an imminent risk of harm to Company or its Customers.
Company has no obligation to monitor content of any materials distributed or accessed using the IP Services. However, Company may monitor content of any such materials as necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations or other governmental or judicial requests; or to protect the Company network and its customers.