The Outside Plant (OSP) Construction Manager is responsible for providing specialized technical expertise, including specialized inspections, testing techniques, and ensuring projects are completed in a timely fashion, within budget, and according to FastBridge Fiber’s specifications. This position supports the construction team and works with other team members, senior management, and personnel from all departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for checking the quality of work performed and addressing craftsmanship discrepancies as needed.
- Provide guidance to construction teams to ensure efficient and cost-effective construction methods are within approved construction budgets.
- Coordinate construction plans with crews and business partners.
- Complete and maintain all necessary project paperwork/reports.
- Communicate with management on project progress and developments.
- Serves as the liaison between the company, customers, municipalities, and utilities.
- Responsible for tracking of construction materials.
- Responsible for identifying unsafe/hazardous conditions for self, employees, customers, and the public.
- Adhere to and enforce all established company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the description, duties, or work schedules.
- Must have good customer relations and communication skills.
- Always maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Preferred telecommunication OSP construction experience.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to follow verbal and written instructions as directed.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with a wide variety of personalities.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Computer knowledge with the ability to utilize various software is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand maps, drawings, and diagrams for project build process.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform the physical duties of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please note the required qualifications are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior OSP experience is a must.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience required.
- Foreman/supervisory experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a motor vehicle background check.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, working in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more or 20 inches or less, with the ability to judge distance and space relationships. Precise hand-eye coordination. Ability to identify and distinguish colors.