The Sr. Manager OSP Construction is responsible for ensuring projects stay on time, on budget, and within scope.
This position will work closely with both internal and external resources to oversee all aspects of the construction process, including project planning, distributing resources, time management, risk management, creating quality benchmarks and adherence, managing budget, maintaining OSP records, forecasts, reporting, and other duties in support of constructing fiber optic networks. In this role, you will provide leadership and direction to create, implement, and enhance consistent practices to ensure we build good quality networks and have quick, stable service delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures all necessary permits/easements are obtained and filed where applicable prior to construction
- Coordinates construction activities with other utilities, and governmental agencies
- Conducts inspections to ensure quality and scope accuracy
- Handles escalations related to construction activities
- Manage and maintain requirements related to network locating and 1-call/811 standards
- Maintain Fiber Network Documentation around build activities
- Ensure adherence to company and industry safety standards
- Participate in budget and forecasting planning and manage departmental expenses
- Provide subject matter expertise around FTTP design, construction, and electronics
- Ensure proper capital expenditures and make sound investment decisions in the network
- Help establish corporate engineering, construction, and operations standards, policies, and procedures
- Assist in the hiring and development of technical and operations staff
- Occasional travel may be required
- Perform other duties as requested
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, and suppliers, in person, via video conference, on the phone, and in writing in a clear, straightforward, and professional manner
- Ability to effectively lead and provide managerial insight and direction to a technically oriented workforce dealing with multiple projects driven by diverse customer needs
- Advanced Knowledge of Service Provider FTTH engineering and construction practices
- Organizational agility
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Must be flexible and assertive, and able to lead through change
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
- Must be able to handle conflict, work well with others and be a team player
- Strong technical aptitude, including the ability to quickly learn applications, systems, policies, and procedures
Please note the required qualifications are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
- Industry and vendor-specific certifications and training a plus
- 8+ years of telecom fiber engineering and construction experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with project management
- 5+ years demonstrated outstanding leadership skills